How to find out if your "healthy treats" is cheating on you?

 

I need to confess here if my mom asks me to buy groceries and gives me a list I will choose the products based on my familiarity with brands that we use at home. I will be like, "Hey I have seen Close up lying in my bathroom so let's buy that."
That's so dumb. Don't be like me.
 As smart customers, we have to be aware of the food choices we make because let me tell you our favorite brands have been CHEATING BEHIND OUR BACKS!!

Why do we need to read ingredients before buying?

 


Food additives are added to improve the color, taste, smell, and shelf-life of food products. All the food additives affect your gut bacteria. As they say, your gut is your second brain because all the diseases arise from the stomach. Bloating is very normalized these days but there is a difference between having a full stomach and bloating. Bloating is a sign that your gut couldn't digest the food and the toxins remain in your body and give rise to diseases in long term. 

Foods that are toxic to you like your Ex:


Bread spread -I would eat bread spread on any day. I would even eat it out of the box(the hazelnut one if you know what I mean👀). But when you look into the ingredients, they contain mostly sugar, stabilizer, preservatives, artificial colors, bad oils(palm oil, Soybean, corn, which is highly processed )

Instant drink mix- On a hot summer day, drinking a cold glass of an "energy" drink is the best. But all they have are refined sugars, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavors, synthetic colors, preservatives, unwanted filers. I don't understand how it gives us the refreshed feel?

Packet soups- Soups are my favorite hot drink during rainy days. They promise you real vegetables, but when we look into ingredients it's full of unhealthy ingredients.

 

Milk-based Energy drinks -Horlicks and Complan claim to repair bones or make you taller, but all they contain are:

 

Horlicks Chocolate Delight Flavour - Reviews | Ingredients | Recipes |  Benefits - GoToChef

It is usually consumed by kids, but all they contain are sugar.No wonder kids have such high energy(probably sugar rush)

Here is a picture of Cola, energy drink, sugar cubes, fruit juices. Which one has more sugar in them?

 

The answer is fruit juice which is ironic considering it says it has 100 percent fruit juice. I am not talking about the sugar in fruit, brands add more sweetener to make it sweeter.

 

Condensed milk-You will often find me eating condensed milk because I LOVE condensed milk but one serving of sweetened condensed milk has 22 grams of sugar and 40 mg of sodium. Plus, it lacks the vitamins and nutrients which milk provides.

 

The human body is capable of living 100 years but due to these food additives, we abuse our body daily and pop up pills in later years. Our body is very smart and can heal itself if it is provided the right environment. Thus be aware of what you consume.

 


Comments

Popular Posts