6-morning habits to get more disciplined and happy from within(Now my new profession is to motivate ppl I guess)

 

#tb when I didn't sleep for 3 days straight becoz I was watching 3 seasons of money heist back to back

Why is a morning routine so important?

I used to wake up at 7 am during my first year in college. I mindlessly scroll through my phone for like 30-45 mins first thing in the morning. Remember, I had college at 8 am so, I have only 15 mins I have to bathe, brush, get ready to eat, take my essentials, and drive to college on a cycle. Almost every day, I got to college late. My friends always ask me why I look like I just came out of bed. Here is your answer. 

They say your morning routine sets the tone for the day. I understood the meaning only during college. During the first few classes, I will be so moody, *one snap*, I will either get irritated or about to cry. 

I always dreamed of becoming a morning person. One day, I decided to wake up at 4.30 am every day. I used to sleep at 4 am before. Now, out of the blue, I wanted to wake up at 4.30 am.#youseethisguyNo.1BullshitGuy

Number One Bullshit Khabib Nurmagomedov GIF - Number One Bullshit Khabib  Nurmagomedov Stupid - Discover & Share GIFs

In the beginning, all I did was turn off the alarm and then fall back to sleep again.

The hardest part about waking early was to sleep early. So my next goal was to sleep at 10 pm. That's the thing that made me wake up early. Gradually my body got used to sleeping like a normal human being which made me wake up early. It's surreal to even think of how I used to be sluggish a few years ago. Now I am most disciplined when I wake up early. 

There is no perfect morning routine for everyone. You have to choose a time to wake up which is the most suitable for you and which you can convert into a lifetime habit. 

6 habits to follow to set the right tone for the day:

1. 10min rule: The secret to waking up early is to use the 10 min rule. What is that? Every morning those first 10 mins, where you want to get back to sleep again, are the hardest. After that, it is easy to stay awake. Personally, what helped me was drinking hot water or taking a cold bath.

Lit bed GIF - Find on GIFER

2. Plan your day: Making a to-do list makes you more productive and helps you manage your time more effectively. Analyze yourself. When you are the most energetic, do the most important task that you would otherwise procrastinate.

To Do List GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3. Spend time with yourself: When was the last time you spent your time alone with your thoughts. Observe and reflect on it. If it is negative self-talk, turn it positive. Remember, "You are what you think". If something is overwhelming, then write it down. The fun part about writing your thoughts is re-reading it again after a few weeks and noticing how much your thought process has changed.

Best Pensieri GIFs | Gfycat

4. Absorb sunlight: When the sun is not high, taking a sunbath is very relaxing. Sunlight makes your brain refreshed and active.

Sunlight GIFs | Tenor

5. Don't check your phone immediately after waking up: I admit I still check my phone immediately after waking up. I have a huge FOMO that makes me want to check out my phone but end up scrolling mindlessly. Research says the prefrontal cortex (part of the brain) is most creative and active immediately after waking up. So what you say or hear, or see first thing in the morning, sets the tone for the day. I still face this FOMO feeling. If anyone has a solution to that, let me know.

Checking Phone GIFs | Tenor

6. Make your bed: There is a quote, "If you want to change the world, make your bed". That's because it creates a sense of discipline and declutters your mind. Your room is an example of your state of mind.

Make The Bed GIFs | TenorCheers,

                                                       XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts