Why should I do Yoga?

 

 



When someone says, "I do Yoga." I roll my eyes because it's just asanas and some breathing exercises, right?

Mridula, let me stop you. I know what yoga is, OK? It increases flexibility and lung capacity(that's what pranayamas do, right?)

Believe me. I used to think the same. It seems very slow. So, I thought I would fall asleep doing yoga.

"I want to be strong."

"I want to be fit."

"Then why do I need yoga? It doesn't serve me any purpose. I don't want to be flexible."

Let me talk now. Yoga is not only for flexibility and breathing. It helps in overall health, both physical as well as mental.

These yoga asanas/pranayamas are much needed, especially for beginners. 

 

1. VAJRASANA:

 

"vaj-ra-sana? what is this? I can't even pronounce it." (Me too) 

Names are not crucial. Listen to its benefits.

It is the only pose that you can do after eating (the rest of yoga is done only on an empty stomach)

What does it do?

It improves digestion. I have already mentioned that dinner after sunset can cause many health problems because digestion is weak during the night. But many of us go to work. The only time they have a meal with their family is only at dinner. So for that, after dinner, sit in this position for 10 minutes. It will pass more blood for stomach=better digestion. It also provides relief to menstrual pain by relaxing the waist region.

Beginners might feel a burning sensation at the thighs during the beginning, but you will get used to it.

 

2. KAPALBHATHI-

 

So now, before you say what is this Kap-? 

It is basically "active exhalation." It increases blood circulation to the abdomen. So if you have any gas trapped in the gut, you can experience some burping. It also removes waste materials from the body and also boosts in production of endorphins(happy hormone)


3. BADKONASANA(Butterfly pose)

 

When you do this asana, you can instantly feel the stretch in the inner thighs near the pelvic region. It reduces menstrual pain. And if you have any problems relating to menstruation, this asana should be on the list of To-do.


4. NAUKASANA-

 

While doing it, you can instantly feel a burn in your abs due to increased blood circulation. Thus, excess gas trapped in the abdomen is released.

Avoid doing it during the first few days of your menstrual cycle. 


5. SURYA NAMASKARA -

 

If I am talking about yoga, you thought I would miss this?

It has numerous benefits.

It strengthens almost all parts of the body.

It improves digestion. It reduces stress. It increases blood circulation to the head and whole body, thus helping hair grow and skin glow.

I picked these five asanas/pranayamas because I felt these asanas are very crucial for the modern lifestyle. 

Practice these regularly as a beginner and slowly incorporate yoga into your lifestyle because you can see it has numerous benefits both for the mind and the body.

 

 

Please forgive me: I can't teach you properly, the asanas through my blogs. Please learn from a expert. 😓




Comments

Popular Posts