5 unhealthy habits which are common

You can never be 100 percent healthy.
Because in this world, there are always some changes we need to make.
Some improvements we need to make to make our life a little better, a little healthier
I always look for more healthy habits I need to incorporate into my routine.
But in that process, I failed to eliminate bad habits I already had. I noticed that most people also do these.
So I would like to bring it to your notice to make you more aware. 

As,
"Change always starts with awareness."


1. Watching tv while eating


 It is the number one habit that almost everybody does. I used to do that too.
We use the time eating as relaxation. So we use that time by watching entertainment.
But it leads to overeating because we are not mindful(aware) of what we are eating or how much goes inside. Since our mind focuses on the screen, our stomach fails to send a signal to our brain to indicate fullness.
Have you noticed while watching tv and gulping, you end up finishing food without even realizing it?
That hits hard when it is your favorite dish, and you don't remember how it tastes like


2. Taking the phone to the bathroom


I take my phone to the bathroom.
 I am a little ashamed to speak it out loud(hehe). One day I saw this article that our toothbrush has the most bacteria in the entire bathroom(to think about it is disgusting). That got me thinking, if I am taking my phone to the bathroom, I am also inviting lots of bacteria onto my phone. And I use it all day( I keep it on my face too while speaking)
I don't know the science behind it, but it sure sounds disgusting and unhygienic to carry bacteria from our bathroom. So I stopped doing that. I am sure you find it nauseous too, right?


3. Overeating to avoid food wastage


My parents have always taught me never to waste food.
"It is a boon that we have food on our plate."
That's what they used to say to me all the time.
I agree with them for sure.
But torturing our bodies by overeating is like putting petrol on a full tank. It is going to end up waste.
Our body also finds it hard to digest excess food, thereby creating toxins within our body.
So I am not here to say throw away the food which you cant eat. I would never say that.
I always feel there are a lot of people who are without food.
You can always carry excess food and feed those who don't have fortune like us.
You feed the poor also don't waste food(win-win)
Ps: I saw this idea in a movie. Can you guess which movie?Read till the end to find out the name (hint: its an underrated Tamil movie)


4. Impulsive buying


If we have money in our pockets, we would (most likely) spend it on things we wouldn't need. We see an attractive dress or phone.
We also notice we have sufficient cash in our account and buy it to realize later that we didn't need it in the first place.
That is the trick they use for credit cards.
It gives rewards if we buy something.
But credit cards are just an illusion of owning money.
 You don't have it. You are just borrowing it.
So before buying something, wait for 1-2 weeks. You will realize that you don't require that by the end of that time and also you can save a lot of money(don't just save, invest also) 


5. Seeing the phone first thing in the morning

Who sleeps on bed with full makeup?

I see my phone first thing in the morning ( I will admit. Who can confess the same?)
It was a habit that started unknowingly. I started seeing the phone after I woke up because it "woke" me in that sense. Do you understand what I am saying?
I am sleepy right after I wake up. So seeing the phone wakes me up.
But the first thing you do in the morning determines your mood for the entire day.
Your morning should start slow.
You allow your mind to wake up slowly.
That's why it is said to always to get up early because you can do things at your own pace.
That allows your mind and body to be calm during the day. If you start your day on a wrong note, it continues through the day.
Also, when you watch social media, it robs your time in the morning.
You end up hours just plain scrolling through the screen.

As you reached end, I promised I will reveal name of movie. Its"Kootathil Oruthan"




Comments

Popular Posts